Im kinda lost

#1. Post Posted: 07-29-2022, 04:38 AM
So this is gonna be a long post sorta so imma just leave a TLDR here in case you don't wanna read all of the shit I'm bout to post(I don't blame ya tbh) 
TLDR: I realized I'm gonna hate my job and myself in a few years and before I get wrapped up in wage cucking it for the rest of my life I wanna do something I actually care about. If anyone in the creative space could give some pointers on starting a clothing brand id greatly appreciate it Big Grin

Long version: I finished an internship at a tech company and after 8 weeks of doing bitch work and whatnot I'm starting to have this realization that I don't want to be in the tech field at all. I hate everything about it and find it incredibly dull and unfulfilling. I know it's only an internship but usually what you see at one is what you end up getting. For a few years now I've played around with the idea of creating my own brand and never followed up on it cause I was too afraid to take the risk. Now that I know that the alternative is going to a soul-sucking tech job id much rather take the risk at least and know that I at least gave my dream a shot. I'm looking to start a clothing brand and eventually turn that passion into something I can say I'm proud of and happy I took the chance on even if I completely and utterly shit the bed on it. SO If anyone in the creative space could give some pointers on starting a clothing brand id greatly appreciate it  Blush
Much Love  Heart
#2. Post Posted: 08-02-2022, 03:01 AM
I would say I am in a similar boat, stuck at a desk job basically doing nothing all day. Would love to hear any insights or advice on how to get into this industry without any experience. Right now I definitely do not feel accomplished after a days work and would give 110% if given an opportunity to work for, and help grow a brand that I could proudly represent.  Applying for places seems pointless at this point and nowhere seems to hire unless you have experience in this line of work and graduating during the pandemic didn't exactly give me the chance to change majors all of the sudden. Anyways, would be appreciated if anyone had advice how to get a foot in the door.
peace 
#3. Post Posted: 08-04-2022, 05:46 AM
(08-02-2022, 03:01 AM)bootman Wrote: I would say I am in a similar boat, stuck at a desk job basically doing nothing all day. Would love to hear any insights or advice on how to get into this industry without any experience. Right now I definitely do not feel accomplished after a days work and would give 110% if given an opportunity to work for, and help grow a brand that I could proudly represent.  Applying for places seems pointless at this point and nowhere seems to hire unless you have experience in this line of work and graduating during the pandemic didn't exactly give me the chance to change majors all of the sudden. Anyways, would be appreciated if anyone had advice how to get a foot in the door.

Yeah, its pretty discouraging to try and make the switch, so trying to get work without the degree after you've been told your whole life that you need one if you wanna do certain work kinda blows. I will say since the original post I've reached out to one of my connections and asked if they could get me an office job at their cousins clothing company. I'd just be tagging clothes but tbh it's a start and I'm looking forward to hearing if that would be a possibility.
Much Love  Heart

Jump To: