thoughts on tiktok fashion and has it hurt the fashion community or brought awarenes?

#1. Post Posted: 03-30-2022, 02:48 AM
I have mix thoughts on this discussion because I follow a lot of tik-tok fashion pages and some people do be post some cool piece however I see a-lot of fast fashion on my for you pages... 

just wonder what are yall thoughts on it?  Smile
#2. Post Posted: 03-30-2022, 02:50 AM
I think it's great for exposing people to new brands/garments. Can't stand seeing fast fashion and misinformation on my fyp though.
#3. Post Posted: 03-30-2022, 03:00 AM
I think the key to having great style is developing a "uniform" for yourself cuts,fits,colors that work for you and really dig into them buying a really nice $$$ piece instead of a $ piece, saldy tiktok promotes fast fashion and has a very highschool feeling of caring about what everyone else is wearing. There is also a weird vibe on that app when it comes to clothes making you better than others. not a fan.
#4. Post Posted: 03-30-2022, 04:54 PM
IMO I think it's awesome that TikTok gives a lot of exposure to different fashion genres like archive, vintage, minimal, and so on. The disadvantage is that it also gives importance to "*****." Overall, it broadens and diversifies our communities which is good!!!
#5. Post Posted: 04-21-2022, 05:34 PM
I feel like it has been positive for me.
Tiktok inspired me to fully commit to skating after I had met friends who skated. It also brought much more inspiration for different looks. I feel like instagram kept feeding me the same recycled styles so it was nice to see some more diverse stuff.
Also introduced me to marcus milione. Kinda a cool fashion/wellness guru
#6. Post Posted: 04-22-2022, 05:14 AM
(04-21-2022, 05:34 PM)David Wrote: I feel like it has been positive for me.
Tiktok inspired me to fully commit to skating after I had met friends who skated. It also brought much more inspiration for different looks. I feel like instagram kept feeding me the same recycled styles so it was nice to see some more diverse stuff.
Also introduced me to marcus milione. Kinda a cool fashion/wellness guru

Marcus is the goat
#7. Post Posted: 06-27-2022, 07:39 PM
I think it’s great. People like Drewjoiner have really helped me find more style influences and in general have really opened my eyes about respecting peoples personal taste rather than judging. More examples of people like this are edgyalbert, juulian.c and that.daniella

Jump To: