Resell/ Shoe market starting to fail?

#4. Post Posted: 07-24-2022, 01:49 AM
(07-21-2022, 08:53 PM)thatrafkid Wrote: the sneaker industry has taken a big hit financially this year. i was fortunate enough to work for nike all last year and just left in may, but it was made clear by my superiors and the directors of the southern pacific regional headquarters, that the company was and still is losing money. reselling has taken a big hit too, with shoes dropping drastically in price and not being too much more expensive than retail prices. the economy right now is suffering, so maybe people are taking a step back from their wants and focusing on necessities to get by?

i completely agree with the point you made about over saturation with the fashion/sneaker industry. i mean once you have a solid color pairs of dunks, how many more are you really gonna buy until you’re over them? the mega brands have so much money to do cool things yet keep putting out the same boring stuff we see release after release. i think this is why we saw such a spike in popularity with new balance. they delivered something fresh and original, yet timeless with the 550s. although, i see so many people who are sick of them. the industry needs an awakening desperately but who knows when or how that will happen

Yeah, I totally agree. In all honesty, I do understand that people need to priorities their needs over wants. I do also believe that it's also why the market is failing as a whole.
Yours truly... 

Jump To:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Resell/ Shoe market starting to fail? - by s.a.m.project - 07-24-2022, 01:49 AM